SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Neodymium Moon & Skyglow

OXO

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

A few days ago I try this filter also on Jupiter. It is a difference betwen filter or no filter but for me only slightly, but I still prefer to look on Jupiter with filter.

By the way - for a first time I can see Jupiter red spot. Only from time to time when atmosphere become more steady but I can see it.

Saso

Hi Saso,

Last night i was observing Jupiter too using my 127 Mak and the Filter it does make that small differance and with the small differance much more details come out.

Glad you observed the GRS 8)

James :lol:

• 1 month later...

Again last night the Moon Filter came into it's own, this time using a Meade zoom Eyepiece and 5" Ts f9 frac the differance this time was HUGE it brough down the CA by at least 50% and the resulting details on jupiter were staggering :shock:.

James

Hoping to put mine to good use tonight in my back garden - sky is clear >said in a whisper<.

It has to cope with a neighbours security light, two street-lights and a stack of Moonglow!

Hope it's clear for ya blimey that will be some test by the sounds of it and esp with the moon being a few degrees from Jupiter in the sky :shock: Let us know how ya get on Steve :D

Archived