Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter nearly a year ago

si@nite

Some nice detail in this "oldie" Simon...but are you/did you use some smoothing/noise reduction (like ANR) from Image Analyser in the processing..?

Cheers Darryl I used very little noise reduction, as never really know how far to push it sometimes, heres the same images using a touch more noise control I value your opinion as always!

post-16599-0-61768200-1420008185_thumb.p

Hi Simon - I didn't mean to infer that the noise control was inadequate, not at all! Like Harvey there looked to be a total absence of noise in the first images you posted and wondered whether ANR or something similar had been employed..?

Fwiw I reckon they needn't have been quite so smooth actually - but you know the data you worked with and my observation was only an impression from my perspective..! :)

Hi Simon - I didn't mean to infer that the noise control was inadequate, not at all! Like Harvey there looked to be a total absence of noise in the first images you posted and wondered whether ANR or something similar had been employed..?

Fwiw I reckon they needn't have been quite so smooth actually - but you know the data you worked with and my observation was only an impression from my perspective..! :)

Hi Darryl I miss understud your post but sometimes im not sure if the noise reduction is adequate or not as peoples preference are so different!

I have image analyser but prefer to use astra image si or helicon filter both of which have good noise mapping tools & btw its software from down under! :grin: Happy new year to you!

Thanks also Harvey heres an image from the 10-3-14!

Simon, they are all incredibly smooth! I can see why Darryl asks you about noise reduction. The only things showing on them seems to be the detail??

Top job, incredibly well done!  :smiley:

Archived