NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A few Widefield Attempts - Orion & The Pleiades

So I got a 700D for Christmas and a few lenses so a few nights ago I went out with my tripod and took a few images.

The first is just an overall widefield with a 14mm Samyang at 15 seconds.

get.jpg

Nice enough I think, I actually had to lower the exposure time from my initial try at 30 seconds as I get a very orange picture at the higher exposure periods. Either way there is a lot here that I can play with in the future and I look forward to taking it to a proper dark site.

After this I pulled out the 2nd Hand 50mm Olympus lens I bought from ebay and decided to do a closer shot on Orion itself with a few 6 second subs.

get.jpg

As expected I managed to pick up the nebula without any issues although I am disappointed I managed to frame it so I didn't get the fully body of Orion but there will always be another time.

Next up was The Pleiades with the 0mm Olympus lens again some 6 seconds subs

get.jpg

It is a bit small in the 50mm Lens but I actually managed to pull out a slight amount of nebulosity which I wasn't expecting.

Overall I quite happy with all these images, especially as I am limited to a fixed tripod at the moment for them.

Archived