Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can anybody make this beter for me

supernova

I've had a bash,Bernie but come up with much the same result as Tony. I think he has the right idea. What you could do is crop the image cutting out the vinagar, vinegar,vinegret, the dark bits round the edges and keep the best bit. :afro:

Cheers

CW

(click as usual)

Tony, what's "deconvolution adjustment" ?? And is Image Analyser part of photoshop or some other program ?

John,

(Desperately bluffing to sound like I know what i'm talking about here :afro: ) Deconvolution is the application of a filter (algorithm) to untangle mixed signals. Normally you would use this kind of thing on a raw or unprocessed image before applying anything else, but i sometimes use the deconvolution settings in Image Analyser (http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/) as my first pass instead of unsharp masking at the end. There are all kinds of deconvolution that can be used in all kinds of ways on different kinds of astro-imaging...so I won't get into that particular minefield :D I then usually use PS for some basic processing (levels, curves etc ).

The Image Analyser software also has some really nice noise reduction and processing features, worth checking out!

Tony

Tony, thanks for the information. :scratch: I'm not sure I'm much further along with understanding what it does, but I've downloaded image analyser and will see what effects the various filters have.

Tony, thanks for the information. :scratch: I'm not sure I'm much further along with understanding what it does, but I've downloaded image analyser and will see what effects the various filters have.

I usually like to try the following on lunar and planetary images:-

Select an image file in Image Analyser

Choose Filters/Restoration by deconvolution

Choose Model - Motion blur

click on 'Guess' for both Vertical and Horizontal

Do iteration

...if you don't like it..just Reset

...I'm usually pleasantly surprised!

Tony

Archived