Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Almost full...

Mak One

First session for a very long time.  ED80 Pro with ASI120MM and red filter.  6 panes x 500 frames:

post-12224-0-18065600-1417857162_thumb.j

Checking the libration it would have been nice to break out the 150Mak and have a poke around the limbs.  Never mind.  Interesting "upland" area north of Mons Rumker.  Never really picked this out before but show up well at this phase.

Ash, the AVX is a really nice mount (though it is my first powered one, so nothing else to compare against). I have tried DSO;s, though not with the ASI used a DSLR on a WO STAR 71 APO. The first real good run at using it was posted here Though that is a re-process, and was unguided, so 30 second subs. I am still learning the DSO stuff, and realise you really probably need a CCD and a static set-up to get really good results (just my opinion though). 

Thanks for that Steve.  It's been OK for lunar shots but I've struggled to get the CG5GT to track well for DSO's.  I can't justify upgrading to a CGEM/DX but like the Celestron self-contained PA routine so the AVX might be the answer at some point.

Thanks for that Steve.  It's been OK for lunar shots but I've struggled to get the CG5GT to track well for DSO's.  I can't justify upgrading to a CGEM/DX but like the Celestron self-contained PA routine so the AVX might be the answer at some point.

To be honest its all about guiding. The sooner you can guide the easier it all becomes (apparently)....going to use the 120mm as a guide cam next time we have a clear evening and no moon about....and see what happens.

I use my 120mm for guiding and it's great. I wouldn't even attempt long exposure shots without it now.

It can be a bit of a faf to get working in the first place but once you have the settings right it just works.

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

Guiding - tried with a guide scope and with OAG but with only limited success.  PHD graphs still look like a kids drawing of a mountain range and it never wants to calibrate in Dec. etc etc.  More practice required too as sessions are so infrequent it's like starting from scratch every time.   Still, never mind - there's no hurry as the sky isn't going away any time soon... :grin:

Archived