Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

California Nebula

Dave Moulton

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, you did just fine, it is a stunning image of the nebula - I just love the colours you have captured. I have tried to image this object using my 200mm Canon lens and SXVF-H9C but have been very unhappy with the results - your result,I would have been very happy with.

Cheers,

I did find it a very faint object my first attempt at processing this one suffered from lots of noise due to the stretching I guess. Also some nasty gradients had crept in. I am still not very good in removing them but getting a bit better. The main trouble gradient wise lies in the bottom left corner of the image now, but it is a mile better than the original. I could do with some more data on this one to improve on it any more.

Thanks again

Dave

I'm just amazed at the focus. It couldn't have been better IMO. Wish I could get stars that small. Great image.

My guiding is better these days running EQMOD and Pulse guiding the mount instead of using the ST4 Port. As for focus I have spent many a happy hour imaging with sloppy focus issues believe me.

Cheers

Dave

Archived