NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

i just can't decide

Kendo_Fuzzy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you put a barlow on first, focus will be brought out far enough for a flip mirror or indeed any other accessory. You must be careful though, running a barlow through anything will increase the amplification. This is why I always use powermates as the distance away from the lenses has minimal effect on magnification.

Regards

Harvey

I have the same scope though on a tracking DOB mount its a great planetary scope so the 127 would be a big backward step. The lifecam is not a great cam though your image is very good.

You don't need a mono can this will only complicate matters using a filter wheel. Colour cams are just as good on Jupiter and Mars though Saturn does favour mono.

A 5x Barlow is the way to go for this scope though it does depend on the cam sensor type.

I have the qhy5l-ii cam which can reach 100fps so this would help you gather plenty of frames in 2-3 mins. The asi120 colour cam is also excellent.

I use an eyepiece wheel instead of a flip mirror. You simply insert the eyepiece and cam in the wheel and switch from one to the other. A flip mirror would add too

much extension and may not reach focus with the Newtonian.

That's fantastic advice. Hadn't crossed my mind. Cheers

Archived