Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Synscan v3.36 released

dph1nm

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have just uploaded 3.36 (on an HEQ5) and I have an issue. When restarting from the (custom) park position, after going through the setup. you cannot GOTO any object. The handset displays what looks like the correct alt and az for the object but slews to something approximating to 0. 0 in alt-az (according to the handset). Any further attempt to GOTO a listed object leaves the telescope completely unmoved. However, if you then ask it to start an alignment it will slew perfectly to the requested star! This did not happen with 3.35.

e.g.

Select named: Capella

Slew to object - goes to a near horizontal position at alt-az 0,0

Select a.n.other object

Slew to object - telescope stationary

Align

1-star

Choose Capella - scope slews perfectly to Capella

Anyone else tried restarting from a custom park with 3.36?

NigelM

Same here + i get a cone error and a np error come up .

ts a part of the new update. what ever i do it will go away.

OK, I read the manual - you get this warning if either cone error or non-perpendicular error is not set to 0. Which they won't be if you have done a 3-star align I guess. Not sure I need to be reminded all the time though!

No resolution in the manual for the  problems after parking, so this does look like a bug.

NigelM

• 1 month later...

I too had to go through the first use of the new firmware twice, but since then it has been fine...odd!

What exactly do you mean by "go through the first use of the new firmare twice"? I did the upgrade to 3.36 and it said it was successful. But when I connect the hand controller to the mount and switch on the power, it just shows a blank screen. I switched off and on 3-4 times times, waiting for a few seconds each time to see if something comes up but nothing happened! 

Do you mean to say re-install the firmware?

• 1 month later...
V.3.37 is now out since the end of last month.[/quote

I flashed 3.37 last night. The differences for me are as follows (I jumped straight from 3.35).

Addition of an altitude step

Custom park option

NPE ERROR whatever that might be. I ignored it

I was doing visual so I did a 3 star align which worked perfectly. GoTo was spot on all night

I didn't spot anything else. I didn't try the Named Star option which has always failed on my handset.

Archived