NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What is this video astronomy all about?

iksobarg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi john...

the flip mirror is a visionking with a skywatcher Barlow fitted to the front(lens removed) this give you a 1.25 to fit into focusser ..rear of the flip mirror is a c mount to t adapter and i use a 6.5mm lens to achieve a close focus for the camera...

focal tube is a revelation astro 80mm by 2" any of these combos are what you need..davy

post-15330-0-29260400-1419455015_thumb.j

Hello and Happy New Year to my EAA/AP Support Team,

Well I did find a 80mm 1.25" extender and hooked it up however to no avail. I do have an 80mm 2" and flip mirror on the way.

I followed the general settings from here: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/179230-sdc435scb2000-settings-for-video-astronomy/

First off, yes I had the C adapter cap off.

Summary is: I hooked it up the power 220v/12V 1A and the output to the monitor was a black screen.

It was cloudy and nighttime so I carefully aimed and focused at a lamp post  that was close to a km away. I checked the focus with the diagonal and a 26mm EP, removed it and replaced with the camera, flipped it on and got black screen, I then slowly adjusted focuser all the way in and then all the way out to no avail.

I did aim a lamp near the opening until I saw the black screen show some white but that was all I got.

Pics:

Z5rderK.jpg

sLeQBFi.jpg

Tried it again with the short adapter (no go)

fMj7zBs.jpg

ZzLBaCR.jpg

1Y4m9Rn.jpg

zRKgnEV.jpg

The camera also does not respond to input from the CCTV inline remote.

I've emailed an inquiry to Ebayer who sold it to me as I'm concerned it's a bad apple but maybe he also helps me troubleshoot it to life or simply exchanges the cam.

*Big sigh*

On the bright side yes, that's my brand new (new to me) AVX mount. Likey, Likey!!! Though I haven't powered it up yet...

*another big sigh*

I'm a real problem child now, I know. I'm not giving up though so thanks in advance for you support and help!!

John

Hi John

Try it in daylight - exposure set to ESC. This should allow you to find the right focus point.

For DSO set AGC to HIGH and to start with SSNR OFF.

SHUTTER to Manual and adjust until you see stars. x16 may be enough, then you can play with the settings up to the max exposure.

Once you can find a DSO you can experiment with the other settings.

Hope this helps

Paul

Hi John

First you need to get the camera setup in daylight. Forget nightime until you can get focus on a long distance object and colour right I suspect the pink screen you saw earlier was the removal of the filter.

Set the lens to Manual then shutter to thousands of a second in daytime. If the screen is white or pink then go faster until you get darker an focus as well. Go no further until you can focus in daylight☺

I'm up and running!! Well walking.. okay then, more like crouching standing:)

I've got daytime focus and color looks ok for now. That and it's looking to be nice and clear here tonight.

Singular issue was lacking the 80mm extension. Oh and I overlooked removing the battery plastic protection slip of plastic :S

Archived