Need advice - beginner telescope!

So, Hi all.

I'm looking for a telescope, to be exact, not for myself, but for my friend. She just amazingly loves the nigth sky and the stars and, it's her birthday soon, so me and a couple of friends decided to look for a telescope. She lives in a flat, on 4th floor.. That's just so you know what is the situation with place. I looked already pretty much over these forums already for advice, but I think I need a more specific information. Our budget is about 150 pounds, not more. Anyway, Skywatcher Heritage 100p looked pretty nice to me, the reviews were positive and everyone said it's great for beginners. So, may I try with Heritage or should I look for something else ? Any other suggestions ?

I have the 100p and points to note is no collimation issues as thAt should be set ok from the manufacturer. Eyepieces should be ok as long as she isnt near sighted. A tripod wiuld be very handy to go with this and i got one of these, Ravelli APLT4 from amazon. Its fine as long as its not fully extended. Agreed that get her turn left at orion and down load to pc stallarium. Fonally getcontact details for local astronomy club so she can go along and pick sime brains. Atb, steve.

Archived