NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First report

wookie1965

With help from Cotterless45 at PSP i have changed my whole viewing technique, last night was first night i tried it went out midnight only got an hour in in between cloud but what an hour, M81,M82 all be it just two fuzzys but i had been looking in wrong place i will find these again now and with better conditions and more mag hope to see them better, moved over to NGC457 i think it looks like a man with his arms raised, then dropped down and found the Perseus double cluster what a sight in my 25mm hundreds of stars looking at me. I finished off with three i had seen before but wanted to look at them in my 25mm M45 stunning Hyades and then M31 wasnt that good as seeing wasnt too good but to see 4 objects i had not seen before i was well chuffed. I want to say a big thank you to Nick i will be looking for more doubles and triples and all the other things you showed me and im going to plan my nights ive already wrote in my book and started a viewing log.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a few of us have learned a thing or two from Nick, that's for sure. Great to hear you're getting more out of sessions.

+1, from another disciple of the endlessly enthusiastic Wurzle Gummidge. Cheers Nick! :D

yep, ive found nicks posts both helpful and encouraging , as do double kick drums reports . nice to see you around fella. hope family life is treating you well .

as nick says. look forward to a report in near future .

Archived