Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IPad to control a mount

nmoushon

I was wondering if its at all possible to use an IPad to control a GOTO mount instead of a laptop? Has anyone tried this at all? I thought I remember hearing of people doing this but not sure if its true or my mind playing tricks on me again. Also is it capable of running any guiding program for AP? This one I'm pretty sure is a no but worth asking.

I use Sky Safari on my iPad to control my EQ5 Pro. Essentially you use a Raspberry Pi like the commercially available SkyFi unit. There's a thread on the subject here: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/180030-skyfi-with-a-pi/. I'm also pretty sure I've read a thread on SGL about using a Bluetooth dongle instead. I have no idea about guiding, but it might be possible to get the Pi to do the work for you. I'm sure greater minds will soon chip in ;)

I too use SkySafari with a SkyFi adapter. This allows control of my Vixen Atlux mount via the Skysensor 2000pc controller.

I find it amazing that a 25 year old piece of technology is still capable of interface with the latest tablets and software. It works brilliantly :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived