NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clear Sky Alert

badger111

Looks like a clear (ish) night in Essex. Can't believe it. I'm off into the back garden with my bins and a sun lounger (as I haven't built the binocular-stand in this months Sky at Night yet!) Got my Turn left at Orion, yipeeeeeee....

I did notice some metor activity tonight; just saw two in a couple of mins on a sky-recce ten mins ago.(in the general direction of M45/east?)

Better make the most of it as the forecast for the rest of the week looks grim..

It's clouded over here, coming in from the west. Only got a short imaging session. Clearoutside looks promising for Tue.

Hopefully, the strong winds promised for Tuesday's weather forecast, (21.10.2014), will blow away all the clouds then! :clouds1:  

It's cleared here, but more stuff in on the horizon. Just locked up but had a 5 min naked eye look around. It is very clear, saw  a bright meteor also above M45 area, the Milky Way was bright and the double cluster and andromeda nebulae were well visible.

andrew

Well, the cloud has rolled in; Caught my first glimpse of m42 though, just as the cloud rolled in; can't wait to image it sometime in the next couple of months. The area around Cassiopeia is just an amazing sight, so much to look at; wish I had better optics!! Lots of meteors tonight, Orionids perhaps?

Clear first thing this morning as well. Orion looked magnificent in the south and Jupiter impressive as ever. Glad you managed a session in the evening; it's always so exciting to get a first good look at the Winter constellations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived