Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SYNSCAN V4 HAND CONTROLLER FIRMWARE V4.05.17?

sbooder

Someone has to go for it and as I can see no end to the incessant cloud and rain, I figure I will not need the HC for a while.  So if it goes dolally I have time to rectify.  But you are right, there is never any info with SW on these updates.

Is it just me? i was a bit disappointed when I opened that PDF, the V4 could have been the ideal chance to bring the Synscan handset into the 21st century with a sleek new look with touchscreen technology.

I was a bit disappointed too :/

but they do say : "if you have a SynScan V3 controller, there is no reason to “upgrade” to the V4, because it is not considered an upgrade"

• 1 month later...

Looks to me like a RoHS-compliance manoeuvre.  I got one today and it has the RoHS stamp on the back - along with the CE mark.  Given that it's low-voltage, my understanding is that RoHS compliance is all that's required to self-certify for CE.  Makes perfect sense for such a mainstream product.

I agree with the previous remarks - an opportunity lost to create something a bit more capable - but I wouldn't have bothered with a touchscreen... just built-in WiFi, ala Celestron's SkyQ Link, so it could talk to a phone.

• 3 months later...

Archived