Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader SkySurferV

This is directed mainly at Daz or Greg.

I have now managed to attach the small mount to the SkySurfer (RDF) and replaced the battery. It fits nicely on to the Skywatcher 120.

Question, how does the RDF line up with the scope? I don't see any adjustment.

John

John,

In front of the dial that selects the brightness is a black knob (and a second one at 90° to the right). They are "dust caps" and they unscrew to reveal screw slots which you adjust to re align the dot.

HTH

Bill£ :wink:

Just bought one myself actually. While were'e on the subject of "daft" questions, I'll add a couple of my own... :)

Firstly - Presumably the two "tubes" that screw into the ends of the beast are the "dew shields" - and fit one on EACH end? Secondly, the (glass?!) "elasticated swimming goggles" - Those are presumably there to protect the optics, while NOT in use... OR something more profound? Aside: Almost tempted to cover one end with (the pukka) mylar film - I'm sure the Skysurfer would then function as an excellent "solar finder" (I NEED a "non-lethal" version!)? :wink:

P.S. What a SPLENDID thing though (also thanks Steve at FLO for prompt service). At last an RDF I can actually SEE something beyond 2nd magnitude through. Thanks to the VISIBLE click stop thingie, I might even be able to remember to switch this one OFF too! After the "Hyperion", this must be the most significant invention in astronomy... :mrgreen:

In front of the dial that selects the brightness is a black knob (and a second one at 90° to the right). They are "dust caps" and they unscrew to reveal screw slots which you adjust to re align the dot.

What he said :wink:

... the (glass?!) "elasticated swimming goggles" - Those are presumably there to protect the optics, while NOT in use... OR something more profound?

Not sure. The unspoken truth is that the Baader Skysurfer V is essentially a gun sight (with enhanced lens coatings and a base adapted for astro). Perhaps those caps have greater relavance when it is used in that capacity.

The unspoken truth is that the Baader Skysurfer V is essentially a gun sight (with enhanced lens coatings and a base adapted for astro). Perhaps those caps have greater relavance when it is used in that capacity.

I used to use a red dot sight with an air rifle when controlling vermin at my Dad's friends farm.

Look familiar?? - http://tinyurl.com/36y364

Bill :wink:

Archived