Binoviewers - worth the money?

andynpage

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...
11 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Just to save starting another thread - what's out there now in the budget range of binoviewers? My wife's asking me to suggest Father's Day presents so I'm just looking...

Hi. I have a set of the TS Binoviewers. The former keepers were Stu and DRT on SGL

Found these binoviewers great, can get the images to merge and adjustable on  the eyepieces. Very well made IMO. So overall for the price point then I do not think you will go wrong with these. Obviously in the budget range you have to make sure you are not getting something cheap and cheerful. As no point spending cash that then you wish you had spent a bit more ,to get something of better quality. But I do not think you will go far wrong with TS binoviewers if you wish so something of quality but at sensible money.

I hope the above helps☺ 

Just now, Timebandit said:

Hi. I have a set of the TS Binoviewers. The former keepers were Stu and DRT on SGL

Found these binoviewers great, can get the images to merge and adjustable on  the eyepieces. Very well made IMO. So overall for the price point then I do not think you will go wrong with these. Obviously in the budget range you have to make sure you are not getting something cheap and cheerful. As no point spending cash that then you wish you had spent a bit more ,to get something of better quality. But I do not think you will go far wrong with TS binoviewers if you wish so something of quality but at sensible money.

I hope the above helps☺ 

Thank you! I don't do a lot of observing, mostly imaging, but I've a keen eye they picks up on problems easily. I've been spending a lot recently on astro stuff so budget would be low! It's either binoviewers or a titanium leatherman! 

49 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Thank you! I don't do a lot of observing, mostly imaging, but I've a keen eye they picks up on problems easily. I've been spending a lot recently on astro stuff so budget would be low! It's either binoviewers or a titanium leatherman! 

As Timebandit says, the TS binoviewers are very good quality and value. The self centering eyepiece holders help make merging the images easy and there is a  dioptre adjustment too.

My only warning is that not everyone gets on with them. I use mine all the time for solar observing and also for lunar but do not get on with them for planetary viewing, certainly not on Jupiter.

I've recently got them sorted at low power without a GPC and want to give them a go on some open clusters next, I think they will be fine for that.

I would give them a go, but be prepared to love them or... not love them :)

Archived