Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

moon last night

northcanadian

Hi folks. 

I finally had a chance to experiment more with my new (only had one other brief session) ZWO ASi 120mm cam. These were shot through the 9.25sct @prime focus through the red ZWO rgb filter using Firecapture. I was very impressed with the sensitivity of the camera and how user friendly (need all the help I can get) Firecapture was with this camera. At the highest resolution 1280x960(?) it was capturing 24 fps and at 640x480(?) it was capturing over 90 fps. After almost growing extra fingers wading through IC Capture settings this was so easy .  There were no hangup issues with the cam or Firecapture and I totally enjoyed the session. The next big learning curve for this oldtimer (I expect) will be converting  Jupiter rgb runs to colour images.

Thanks for viewing

Cheers

Roger

post-2315-0-62044100-1413136317_thumb.jp

post-2315-0-48289800-1413136357_thumb.jp

Really nice, it always amazes me as it looks as though it is made of clay!
I had a go myself but I didn't do anything major... Just a 30second recording of part of the moon drifting across my screen.

I might try later to get a picture out of it as some point.

very nice couple of images, i have exactly the same set up as you C9.25 & ASI120mm. you do have to be carefull when capturing at 1280x960 slow frame rates and the files can get too large (over 2gb) for Registax to process. if i am doing a large area i would rather work at 640x480 and do a mosaic, more work though, better end result.

very nice couple of images, i have exactly the same set up as you C9.25 & ASI120mm. you do have to be carefull when capturing at 1280x960 slow frame rates and the files can get too large (over 2gb) for Registax to process. if i am doing a large area i would rather work at 640x480 and do a mosaic, more work though, better end result.

Thanks all for the comments.  I tried for Jupiter this morning...managed to get a few more moon runs but the sky fogged over when Jupiter became high enough.  I appreciate your advice and tried that out, and got a pretty high frame rate.  When I used the histogram I noticed a small vertical red bar about 3/4 of the way on the right end.  Is this a clipping point.....or?  I do like Firecapture very much and hope to get some Jupiters soon.

Thanks again

Cheers

Roger

Archived