NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ZS71 Full Moon

Alien 13

I had another quick go at lunar imaging taken on the 8th of this month using the completely wrong kit DSLR/Short FL refractor but im quite pleased with the results i shot 6 single frames run them through PIPP to convert to AVI and stacked them in registax 6.

I did try using PIPP to convert them to TIFF files but registax wouldnt play at all with the large file sizes is there a fix for this?.

The 1st image is a single shot the second is the stacked image.

Alan

post-32578-0-95338100-1413103427_thumb.j

post-32578-0-48930600-1413103463_thumb.p

Nice Moon Alan.

IDK, I've just run one of last years captures through PIPP with Tiff output and then loaded the lot 2000 frames into Registax about 2GB.

Created a ridiculous number of align points 455, 90% quality etc and let fly.

Took a few minutes, but no problems.

Nice Moon Alan.

IDK, I've just run one of last years captures through PIPP with Tiff output and then loaded the lot 2000 frames into Registax about 2GB.

Created a ridiculous number of align points 455, 90% quality etc and let fly.

Took a few minutes, but no problems.

Thanks thats good to know the converted TIFFs i tried where around 100MB each maybe i am lacking in PC memory.

Alan

Nice shots. I find Registax can be frustrating,  I have carried out very similar stacks on different nights using TIFF from PIPP and sometimes it works and other times it just dies.

It must be a memory issue but not necessarily on your PC/Laptop but probably as Registax is 32 bit. 

Archived