Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC 5068_Quattro8s_DSLR_Ha

lensman57

Hi,

Taken early on last night under a near full Moon. I think I finally managed to collimate the Quattro good enough ( far from perfect ) to image something with.

11 X 900s subs with calibration frames. Quattro 8s @ F3.6, Canon 1100d Modded, Astronomik 12nm Ha filter, all on HEQ5. Stacked and processed in PI and PS.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-93675300-1412740924_thumb.p

and

Do you use a catseye AG?

Hi Dave,

Believe or not I only used my eyes and a collimation cap during daytime to  get a " rough " collimation and then once the scope had cooled down and pointing to a star near the target, Deneb, I used a Baader laser to tune up and  then a  final star test that didn't look too bad. My focus is still a tad off but as a whole didn't go too bad.

Regards,

A.G

I'm finding the processing on this a little difficult to reconcile. I think there's probably good detail in there, but everything is looking very smoothed. Also there's some black clipped area in the left corner. I think I'd like to see this with a lot less processing, I feel that perhaps it's been pushed too hard?

and

Hi Dave,

Believe or not I only used my eyes and a collimation cap during daytime to  get a " rough " collimation and then once the scope had cooled down and pointing to a star near the target, Deneb, I used a Baader laser to tune up and  then a  final star test that didn't look too bad. My focus is still a tad off but as a whole didn't go too bad.

Regards,

A.G

i can pop over with my catseye one evening if you want?

I'm finding the processing on this a little difficult to reconcile. I think there's probably good detail in there, but everything is looking very smoothed. Also there's some black clipped area in the left corner. I think I'd like to see this with a lot less processing, I feel that perhaps it's been pushed too hard?

Hi Sara,

Many thanks. You could be right as I did this early this morning as I could not sleep due to a very bad cold so not all is well. As usual with my stuff it takes a couple of goes to get it right but with a 12 nm Ha filter and a full Moon I found the image to be very flat. I also have an issue with taking the correct Flats for an Ha filter on an OSC sensor as I don't think the Flats are working. It may have something to do with filter only passing the red light through. The clipped area was a surprise to me and I have no idea how it got there, for sure there is a lot of work to be done on this and certainly more data as I only managed a short run before the target ended up behind some very tall trees at the back of my garden.

Regards,

A.G

I've never seen this object before and thought for a minute you'd posted some clouds scudding through!

It Is at the right hand bottom side of the Pelican nebula. If you image the Pelican in widefield it is usually associated with it though it is a separate object.

A.G

• 2 weeks later...

i can pop over with my catseye one evening if you want?

Thanks Dave, will take you up on this once I have got rid of this horrible cold and cough.

Regards,

A.G

PS: I did a reprocess of this that is slightly better, I have posted it on Astrobin.

Archived