Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sh2-171 in HST

ChrisLX200

This is the first image I've completed using the full set of Astrodon 3nM NB filters. Quite impressed with the contrast obtained but the colour balance is different ot the Baaders so still getting used to processing the images. This is a composite of Ha, SII and OIII, 10 x 20min subs per channel. Scope was my TV NP127is, mounted on a Losmandy G11 and guided with a TV Pronto and SX Lodestar guidecam. CCD camera was an Atik 490EX @ 1x1 binning, image scale approx 1.1 arcsec/pixel.

Sh2-171HST_zps153037d5.jpg

ChrisH

Beautiful Chris, really great detail in there and you're right the dark contrasty bits give it a very 3nm look. If ever there was an advert for those filters....

You have just cemented another expensive item to my wish list!

Again, need to catch up with posts! Sorry :(

Daz: the area is weak in SII apart from the brighter yellow bit at the top.

Sara: I am humbled by your appreciation :)

Gav and Will: I think Sara would back me up on this, Astrodon are the best you can get at the moment, but perhaps Baader will catch up soon with their brand new offerings. They ARE expensive, especially in 2" flavour, and if there is one thing that puts me off going with a large-format camera is is the thought of replacing all these filters.

ChrisH

Archived