Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Power for heq5 pro synscan

I am getting a 200p and a heq5 pro synscan mount this weekend. Woohoo can't wait !! What is best for power supply for the mount. I have a tracer lithium 4ah power pack. Will this be ok or do I need to invest in something else. Fingers crossed for clear sky's.

4ah will not last long with the long winter nights.

I use a maplin regulated power supply which, being mains supplied, goes on for ever.

The PRO mounts are quite fussy with power, and they do some strange things as the voltage drops... Also make sure that the power lead you use is a "good" one.

Cheers

Any

As above I use a 4 amp regulated mains power supply that has loose connectors and a cigar lighter socket. The mount takes 1.2 amps at least so your battery won't work for more than 30 minutes before you get a voltage drop. That's before you add in peripherals such as dew bands etc.

A portable power source will be better for me. Any ideas on what should be good to use. Ta

If you check the forum lots of people use deep cycle leisure batteries like the 120Ah one in my caravan. I had one of those Celestron power tank things years ago but it was very poor. It only lasted about an hour.

If you go the leisure battery route, they need a good quality charger, add that into the budget as well. I use a Tracer 14ah runs my GoTo Dob for around 16 hours, the one FLO sell come complete, charger, supply lead and car charger.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/batteries-powerpacks/tracer-12v-14ah-lithium-polymer-battery-pack.html

Archived