Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

OK, 10" really is better than 6...

jamespels

If this is your first offence you may be offered a speed awareness course in lieu of a fine.

Good luck.

Thanks - will have to see. Went on one of those courses several years ago and have been fine since - just a lapse in concentration driving to work the other day. We'll see what comes of it - I want to see the pics and period of calibration first anyway.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an 8 inch was good. I then got a 12" and wow the difference was amazing. It is so good, viewing anything through my 4" travel scope now just seems unimpressive! I'd love a nice compact portable 16" though, but I think I will stick with my 12" for many years to come, until I have  nice big treeless garden away from any lights...

Thoroughly hooked on my "Chinese Junk" now. I have found an additional problem with it, however: it is only 10" and I believe I may have caught aperture fever - is there any known cure other than a very deep pocket?

Trying to think of clever ways of getting very large mirrors (20" plus) without the cost involved - shaped correctly, a polycarbonate mirror should hold its parabolic shape as it warms / cools so only the focus would move, and my previous pair of glasses had CNC milled lenses that the manufacturer claimed were 1/10 lambda (whatever they were, I could see OK through them!) so it must be possible - just got to figure out how... I suspect this is a conversation for a different thread, however.

I got a 16in and a 12in chinese junk which performs beautifully and almost as good as my APO for a price a grand cheaper than the cost of a premium 16in mirror. If it was not for the Chinese i would not have got into astronomy. And i have to say the chinese APO's are very good indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived