Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A bit of a gripe

lensman57

Hi,

Set up for IC 1848 in Ha tonight everything went reasonably well, good guiding, FWHM on Ruchbah 0.88. The first 900s sub downloaded and guess what ? Sensor is freezing up and there are atleast 3 separate jet trails in the sub. The freezing is a managable issue, the filigth path of the jet liners are a different thing.

A.G

I would say that besides having a fairly major airport the many flight paths go over your area.

Most aircraft from the UK to the US, and back, take a path that would go over you.

Flight paths tend to be such that an airport is never too far away.

I would say that besides having a fairly major airport the many flight paths go over your area.

Most aircraft from the UK to the US, and back, take a path that would go over you.

Flight paths tend to be such that an airport is never too far away.

Thank you Ronin,

I live less than 3 miles away from manchetser airport so I am used to seeing these flights go by.

A.G

So you live that close to a major airport but the trails come as a surprise ...  :rolleyes:

Can you not use shorter subs but more of them to lessen the odds of intrusion ... ?

The point is that it was never as busy as it has been in the past few months. I am sure that there is quite a bit more traffic than it ever was. Regretably short subs and imaging with Ha don't go together well but I am hoping to collect about 15 usable subs to be able to use sigma clipping.

Regards,

A.G

Take a lot more (i.e. > 3) subs and use a sigma clip while stacking - your trails will disappear.

HTH

Steve

Kappa-sigma clipping is great for satellite trails but a jet, lit up like a Christmas tree? The sub would be ruined.

Archived