Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

image weirdness.... i'm at a total loss

Dave_D

for the past few weeks, my images have been really 'odd', here's a typical example of a raw image stack in DSS

imageweirdness_zpsfa3c4680.png

the stack on the left i took about a year ago and is only 8 minutes of 30 second subs. the image on the right i took last night and is 1 hour of 2 minute subs. i'm at a total loss to explain what's going on but i haven't been able to produce an image for a couple of weeks. (i've tried many combinations of options in DSS)

the only thing that's really changed is i'm using an IDAS D1 now. same 10" f4.8 scope, same canon 1100D.

anyone have ANY idea what's going on here?

Remove the IDAS filter and see what happens.

I did read a few threads a year or so ago which basically came to the conclusion that specific LP filters worked for some and not for others.

So maybe the IDAS isn't going to work for you, but the CLS might...

Ant

I did read a few threads a year or so ago which basically came to the conclusion that specific LP filters worked for some and not for others.

as it's one of the most expensive filters and is touted as being for modded dSLRs, it better flipping well work lol

oh the shame...

oh the embarrassment...

oh the pain after i repeatedly slapped myself round the head with a piece of 2x4, for the utter noobiness of the offending mistake....

turns out that when i had to repair the bolt on my spider arm the other week, i:

a/ didn't do a rough collimation with my laser.

b/ aligned the wrong reflections in my catseye.

was probably only using about 5% of the light cone AHAHAHAA!!

SH2-188 in Cassiopia

15 x 120sec subs

20 darks

practically full moon so

bad gradients and 

just a quick stretch and tweak 

sh2-188-b_zps6f29640b.png

Archived