Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Online Astronomy Centre

FarSide

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, i can't find any reviews on the Online Astronomy Centre even on here and was wondering if anyone had had any dealings with them and are they good/reliable/problematic? Any testimonials would be great.

Cheers,

They are very helpful, if they don't stock an item perhaps they will source it for you? They have done this for me in the past. Worth a try just for the peace of mind, especially if it's an expensive item.

They seem to have an online presence only, the number is Cambridge but that is all.

From the "About Us" page they are:

The Astronomy Centre is a trading name of Partnership Consultancy Services Limited.

A company registered in England & Wales at 255 Green Lanes, Palmers Green, London, N13 4XE, No: 7198528

And their Returns is via an collecting address in Letchworth.

I recall them as someone asked this a long time back, and a Cambridge number sort of makes it obvious to me.

Why they have a Cambridge number is really the question as I strongly suspect they have no base there at all, even as an Internet only shop for storage. Maybe somone thought it would look good, but it makes me question why.

I think it question then was much the same, I think some people have used them successfully but not for anything major.

My concern is the assortment of addresses/locations that are present.

What did you order??

Ronin, i ordered a 685nm Longpass Filter. Nothing major - i emailed them concerning my delivery method and their email box is full and i tried calling them and left a message. I only ordered yesterday but what concerns me in the email box situation. 

Just have to wait and see, although as said most things seem to appear but all I have heard of is small items, yours fits that.

Their website is stuffed full of scopes and items which implies some size, but using Google Maps the registered address is either a flat or what looks like a flat in a house, certainly no industrial units at N13 4XE.

It was always the several locations that struck me as odd, I can understand the Registered being different (often accountants address) but the Cambridge number and the Letchworth returns were the mismatch. Especially as I know both places.

Having gone through all this it will probably turn up Wednesday/Thursday, allow a slight delay owing to the bank holiday.

Archived