NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Trunk Narrowband HST attempt

Earl

Hi there,

Nice work! :)

I'm also on the "same boat" learning how to process NB images, I only have the Ha and OIII filters for now.

A fellow imager pointed me to the excellent tutorials by Don Goldman from astrodon, you might want to check them out, eally good stuff ;)

http://www.astrodonimaging.com/tutorials/#t9

Cheers,

I tried that tutorial, but i was unable to add the masks as it was a greyed out option :(

Hi good work - I found NB processing very frustrating at first (not much has changed yet either!).

Just picking up on the greyed out point.  This is likely caused by the image still being in grey and not adjusted to colour.

Use image mode > RGB to adjust and see if the required option appears. 

You can also switch to lab colour which Martin Devon advised me on.  Great for finishing touches on NB image tones, have a read up and ensure what ever you adjust on left you do on right in the levels window.  EG +20 on left in channel A == -20 on right.

Have to admit I still use Annie's Astro tools for the SHO build - great tools if you do not have, makes my life a lot easier and a lot less frustration.

Paddy

The colours are good Earl, but I am just finding it a little too crunchy. Not sure how to explain that really, but certainly in the last one the stars are to my eyes are just too hard and could do with a soften. I'm also finding it a little harsh all round, sounds silly as you know I like bright contrasty images, but this just isn't sitting right with me. I just feel it's ........... I don't know .......... perhaps over processed.

I hope that helps Earl - I'm not trying to slate your image. Just things are jumping out at me and I'm finding it hard to say what.

Archived