Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

qsi 583wsg

libraryman

I dug through my mail archive and found the back focus chart for my EDX III. It is for the ST-8300M with the SX filter wheel. QSI has, if I remember correctly, about 5mm more depth so the calculations hold for that camera too. Here's tha chart:

post-9361-0-32408500-1408395717_thumb.pn

And here's the text that came with it (from Vince at Optcorp):

The Tk-tar0130 adds 25mm’s and actually goes between part 6 and part 8.  It’s a 92mm to 92mm threaded extension tube.  It’ll make up the distance that we need to ensure you can reach focus.  You will have 15mm’s on either side of the focus point if we work with the middle of the focuser.  As of right now this chart is not taking into consideration any adapters between the filter wheel and the camera, or the filter wheel and the Wide T thread that is the end of the TCA1030.  I figured that we would be looking at the Astrodon which are 3mm’s thick so they offer 1mm of filter refraction, which I’ve listed in the chart.

It is a djungle... 

/per

Archived