Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M17 HaOIII process

MartinB

Nice shot but with too much gradient and strange colour. I permit to reprocess little bite your image and you could see the difference with the heart not burned and the green (around the back ground in the angles) disepear :

14081002371016139612443373.jpg

Make copy if you like it before I remove.

Franck  

Exquisite delicacy.

I know it's a colour map but I still struggle to cope with green in astrophotos, certain PNs excepted. Years of struggling to eliminate it from gradients in RGB images, I guess!

But the resolution of nebula structure is outrageous. I also like the way you've had the courage to leave the Swan feature very bright because, after all, it IS very bright.  Very hard to beat an on-form MN190.

Olly

PS Franck, I'm not sure that the background has a gradient. Looking at my own data I think it just might be like that.

I missed the green!!  My eyes  :eek:   Zapped it.  Less sure about the gradient, get a feeling I'm chopping out nebulosity but anyway here's a version with any gradient well and truly exterminated.  As for the core, that's my personal taste.  I did layer the core a couple of times during the stretching but I wanted to preserve the sense of brilliance in the core compared with the much fainter outer nebulosity (I am very suspicious of the PI HDR tool since I think it can leave images rather dull and flat)

Thanks for the great feedback  :grin:

post-148-0-59069700-1407675459_thumb.jpg

Great image. As mentioned, the detail in the filaments towards the top of the image is amazing. I have to say that I prefer version 1, but do agree about the green tinge. Perhaps a version 3 with just the green zapped and leave the 'gradient' alone?

Thanks for the comments guys.  I'm going to reinstate whatever is in the top left hand corner, keep the green out and also think I'll allow a bit more Ha to come through.  Then I'm done.

Archived