Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2" adapter tube

Hey guys... I need to find a 2" long (or so) extension tube for the 1.25 size focus tube to use for prime focus photography. I need some extra length back from the tube to be able to reach the focal plane with my DSLR on a Celestron 102 SLT.  I have a "T" adapter for the camera with a 1.25 mount but, with the focus tube dialed all the way out, I still need about 1" to get it to focus. I can't seem to find a simple (no magnification) adaptor to use for this. Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

I am aware that I will need to re-balance the assembly and I have a longer mount rail on order to allow for proper balance.

Thanks!

If you have a barlow, can you screw the lens off and use it as an ext tube?

Unfortunately, the one I have has the lens mounted in the small (1.25") part of the Barlow that screws off.....

Unfortunately, the one I have has the lens mounted in the small (1.25") part of the Barlow that screws off.....

Sorry, I've probably not explained myself too well. I mean screw the lens off and use the other half  :huh:  :huh:

I have one of these attached already... I still need extra length. I basically need an adapter with 1.25" female on one end and 1.25" male on the other in addition to this one.

I have the SW version of this and the black lens cell unscrews from the silver barrel as well as the middle as shown.

Alan

Yea... this is the Celestron version. The black part on the small end is a cap. The silver part is one piece where the lens mounts. The "T" spacer you mentioned sounds like what I need. Where might I find one of those? Thanks for the help BTW!

That was close but I did find an adapter I can use in 2"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000XMUHI/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

Thanks for all the help guys... I hope this will do the trick along with an 8" dovetail rail to be able to balance the scope.

I have one other need..... I need an adapter to mount the OTA to my normal photographic tripod (for birding) via this dovetail rail.

mountingplated.jpg

I don't really know what that might be called to search for it. Is there a special name for something like that?

Hi,

Something like this will do what you require: -

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/dovetail-bars/baader-vixen-style-dovetail-clamp.html

I would think you have a Baader dealer out there... perhaps in Tallahassee or Miami.

If not then FLO will be happy to post one to you... not sure what the charge would be though.

Best regards.

Sandy. :grin:

Hi,

Something like this will do what you require: -

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/dovetail-bars/baader-vixen-style-dovetail-clamp.html

I would think you have a Baader dealer out there... perhaps in Tallahassee or Miami.

If not then FLO will be happy to post one to you... not sure what the charge would be though.

Best regards.

Sandy. :grin:

Thanks Sandy.... that's the ticket.... Now I just have to void my warranty by attaching the longer dovetail rail.... AAaarrrrggg!

Thanks Sandy.... that's the ticket.... Now I just have to void my warranty by attaching the longer dovetail rail.... AAaarrrrggg!

Why would attaching a longer dovetail void your warranty?

That's a bit like saying 'using any other EP than supplied also voids the warranty'

You haven't dismantled the OTA.

Archived