Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Scotland trip

Newbie karl 1

Hi all, after some advice please! I have convinced my wife that when we go to the loch's in Scotland in September, driving is a good idea... This way I can get my telescope (nexstar 8se) away from the street light which turns my garden into a night club!! I am however conscious of the fact that it is a very delicate instrument. I have to original packaging which the scope came in, cardboard box and styrofoam but am wondering if this is going to be enough??

Do you have any advice on transporting it up or not and also how amazing will the skies be because in my mind it will be amazing!!!

Also I guess what should I try to look for mid September, w/c 15 th?

Thanks,

Karl!

Hello Karl

I would imagine providing you pack it in the original shipping contents and drive safely your telescope should be fine.   you may require slight collimation to the scope (as SCTS do rarely require) but apart form that it should be ok.   after all it has traveled thousands of miles from china.......

object wise im not too sure,  it might be worth posting on the main forum for that, i know theres a few Scottish members who might be able to help.

Whereabouts in Bonny Scotland - it's a big country !!!!

If you are heading for West Coast / Hebrides / Western Highlands then feel free to PM me - happy to share location suggestions etc or a cup of tea/wee dram if you get near Oban !!

Thanks both, and Gareth, I guess I never gave that a thought!! Just paranoia! Billy I am in loch goilhead, not entirely sure where that fits around your location but a "wee" dram sounds terrific! Another part of the trip I m looking forward too!!!

Hi all, after some advice please! I have convinced my wife that when we go to the loch's in Scotland in September, driving is a good idea... This way I can get my telescope (nexstar 8se) away from the street light which turns my garden into a night club!! I am however conscious of the fact that it is a very delicate instrument. I have to original packaging which the scope came in, cardboard box and styrofoam but am wondering if this is going to be enough??

Do you have any advice on transporting it up or not and also how amazing will the skies be because in my mind it will be amazing!!!

Also I guess what should I try to look for mid September, w/c 15 th?

Thanks,

Karl!

good luck with the trip, and as gareth says its travelled a long way before so dont worry about it. the bad thing about your viewing site in scotland is when you get home you will think there is something wrong with your sct, things will never be the same again

Archived