Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Made a purchase bo bo and need help!

Not sure if this is the correct place for this but here goes. On my quest to get the best out of my SW 127 mak for imaging I bought a Antares F/6.3 SCT reducer / Corrector thinking that it would fit my scope. Well I was so wrong. Both threads on the corrector are no where near the threads on my scope. Does anybody out there know if there is any adapters I could get to fit the corrector to the scope and to fit my standard Cdd nose piece? I know this is a biggy and I might have to live with the fact I made a big bo bo!

I would seriously doubt there being an adaptor. If it came from a retailer then people would return it and exchange for the correct item. If you bought it from someone privately then easier to readvertise it with the note that you bought it in error, then buy the right item -or buy an SCT, although expensive would however "solve" the problem by making the reducer usable. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Suppose you could draw one up and get one made but that will be costly as well, unless you know someone with a decent workshop.

There are a couple of astro companies that make bits up perhaps one of them may be able to help, or at least give an idea of cost, just thinking that you may be pleasantly surprised instad of frightened witless. Cannot recall the name of the manufacturer, will have a look round.

Maybe these: http://jtechdesign.co.uk/

The  127  Sw maks use their own size thread on the visual back which is smaller than a standard SCT thread. There is an adapter, however, which will allow you to fit SCT focusers etc to SW Maks http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/skywatcher-maksutov-to-sct-adapter.html . Have a chat with your favourite SW retailer.

Hi all thanks for the pointers, Will have a chat with flo next week when off work. Well thats one end  sorted, know how about the other end? lol. I assume FLO might be able to help there too.

once again thanks for the pointers.

Archived