Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 7635 - Bubble Nebula in Ha

Kbramley

Hi,

Got nearly 4 hours on this, was the first time I have set my rig up, centered on a target, calibrated PHD2 and then let it run all night whilst I get some much needed sleep :). Seems like we are blessed with fantastic clear skies one after another atm so go to make the most of it, I was a little aprehensive about leaving the kit unattended, but the back yard is reasonably secure and I have mount limits set up to prevent it colliding with the pier. Amazingly when I woke at 5.30am and hurried downstairs to inspect the results of the nights work, PHD was still guiding!!! in basically daylight. The guide star was still visible but naturally the subs by then were all coming out saturated. This shows the QHY5L-ii is leagues ahead of my modded webcam, so pleased I decided to splash out an get one. Anyhow enough babble, here are the details and the result for now.

23x600s Ha bin 1x1  (-20 deg C)

30 flats

30 darks

50 bias

Stacked in DSS, tweaked in PS

post-17161-0-90680500-1406051864_thumb.p

big version here http://astrob.in/108943/0/

thanks for looking, being clear again im going for OIII on this tonight and then SII night after :)

Keith

Fabulous!

Look forward to seeing the colour version, good luck with those subs. We certainly are having a good clear run at the moment, though it's getting tiring being up all hours. I do snooze on the sofa, but it's not the same... You are brave, though probably wise, to just go to bed!

But what if it turns......?!!?

OIII data below, another all nighter running on its own :), as some people have said its risky with the weather but currently I'm confident that rain is well off the horizon, this is shaping up to be the best summer for a long time. Currently gathering flats ready for another all nighter fo the final SII data. Think this is the best three nights astro imaging I have had in a long time.

22x600s OIII bin 1x1 at -20 deg C

Bit of blooming on the bright star, appears to be a feature of the Baader OIII filters as I get this everytime, hoping to process it out a little on the final image

Not pushed the data too far, when I go for the faint stuff the noise really shows up, will have to be careful when I do the final version to tease out as much as possible without dragging noise into the image.

post-17161-0-05371300-1406144539_thumb.p

SII to follow tomorrow hopefully then the full Hubble palette version.

Keith

Archived