NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Affordable 2" Diagonal?

Hi all

I may have managed to pick up a Bresser Messier AR 152S at a bargain price, but it is the OTA only, no EPs or diagonal etc.

I'd like to take advantage of the 2“ focuser but don't want to break the bank.

Can anyone recommend anything decent, preferably in the not-much-over-fifty-quid (or less) bracket...?

TIA

It's difficult to find a decent 2" diagonal which is under £50 when new although you should be able to get something like a Revelation 2" on the used market for around that much and they are pretty good.

First Light Optics have an offer on these Opticron branded diagonals which looks pretty decent value albeit a bit over £50:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/diagonals/opticron-dielectric-diagonal.html

Hi all,

I'll be honest sub-£50 was wishful thinking on my part really! That Opticon looks good so that might be an option. I will also keep my eyes peeled for a second hand diag as I'm not in possession of the scope just yet...

Well bobmoss, I'll be borrowing the 1.25" I have from another scope in the short term, my mount may also allow me to view without the diagonal as the legs are pretty long. Moreover I don't currently own any 2" EPs so, I'm not in a rush :)

I'll keep my eyes peeled on the sources I know, anyone suggest any other likely sources?

Thanks

Joe

Thanks John, good to know

Apologies starfox, I was really just asking for other good sources for second hand astro gear as I only really know eBay and Astroboot (I meant to mention that in the post)

Thanks

Well bobmoss, I'll be borrowing the 1.25" I have from another scope in the short term, my mount may also allow me to view without the diagonal as the legs are pretty long. Moreover I don't currently own any 2" EPs so, I'm not in a rush :)

I'll keep my eyes peeled on the sources I know, anyone suggest any other likely sources?

Thanks

Joe

As someone has already mention, UK Astro Buy & Sell will probably be your best bet.

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/

Archived