Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My attempt as copernicus

Caz

....granted its not sketched from the ep, its taken from a book. I tried desperately to capture the depth of the crater, sadly I failed.... :insects1: but if you stand a good 12 yards back, may, just maybe.....

image.jpg

All constructive, and I say constructive criticism welcome.... :lol:

I would say you didn't fail at all. Copernicus is a fairly difficult subject, and you did pretty well. I took your advice and stood back from it (as you should) and it looked pretty real. Did you try different hardnesses of pencil? You might have wanted to try a 3B or 5B for the deep shadows.

Keep practising, you're doing fine!

hey nice one caz, i agree with WH, you havnt failed at all, its a great drawing, interestingly its from photo s that i draw from, i never get to practise at the eyepiece, too cloudy most of the time, i still havnt sharpened my pencils yet, too busy with work now, but i cant wait for your next drawing, very inspirational indeed, very well done :lol:

Caz you should have kept the name of the crater a secret till someone named it

correctly.

Looks as though it would have been named quite quickly.

And i am not being kind i am just being honest SO THERE!

After i saw the painted faces i thought "this gal is capable of just about anything"

Now i haven't decided if thats a compliment or not yet :lol: :lol:

Nice one Caz,

I think WH has mentioned this girl before,Carol L on cloudy nights .

She does a small tutorial on sketching.I check out this forum regularly for hints & tips.

Hope this helps,and keep them coming :lol:.

Mick

I printed off her tutorial, and use that advice more than any other. I hope to go to a star party where she's giving a seminar. Besides, she's really cute! :love4:

Archived