Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Not my finest hour, NGC 7380 in Ha, widefield

lensman57

Hi,

Tonight I set up for the Wizard, Atik 314L+, Baader 7nm Ha and Canon 200mF2.8 L @F3.8 . I took 30 subs of 300s but when I went to pack the rig up I noticed that the lens had dewed up badly so this one is a first draft of the first 20 subs, so it is work in progress.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-98305300-1405307520_thumb.p

Hi to all,

This afternoon I went through the subs and unfortunately nearly 1/2 were taken with the dew forming  or after it had covered the lens . The following is the result of the best 17 X 300s with Drizzle integration in PI. Resized and tweaked in PS. To my eyes it shows a bit more subtle detail and dynamic range. Thanks for looking.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-45837900-1405347771_thumb.p

Hi,

Tonight I set up for the Wizard, Atik 314L+, Baader 7nm Ha and Canon 200mF2.8 L @F3.8 . I took 30 subs of 300s but when I went to pack the rig up I noticed that the lens had dewed up badly so this one is a first draft of the first 20 subs, so it is work in progress.

Regards,

A.G

Hiya

Was just wondering which adaptor you used and how you mounted it?

Thanks

Louise

Hiya

Was just wondering which adaptor you used and how you mounted it?

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise and all,

First I want to thank everyone for your comments and kind words, it really does mean a lot to me, an imaging novice on a learning curve. The adaptor is the Geoptic from Altair astro, it is well made and reasonably solid for up to 200mm or so. The embarrassment of letting dew form on the lens aside I am reasonably happy with last nights outcome, shame about those lost subs,  I could have really done with them to control the noise. the adaptor itself has a mounting base but I used the Canon mounting ring to mount the lens and the CCD on to my scope an dused the scope as a guider, this way I can rotate the whole camera - lens assembly together. I used the mounting base for SW finder scope as it happen to end up at a perfect position once I placed  the camera at 0 degree orientation.

Reagrds,

A.G

PS: The version I uploaded to Astrobin shows a lot more subtle detail.

Hi Louise and all,

First I want to thank everyone for your comments and kind words, it really does mean a lot to me, an imaging novice on a learning curve. The adapter is the Geoptic from Altair astro, it is well made and reasonably solid for up to 200mm or so. The embarrassment of letting dew form on the lens aside I am reasonably happy with last nights outcome, shame about those lost subs,  I could have really done with them to control the noise.

Reagrds,

A.G

PS: The version I uploaded to Astrobin shows a lot more subtle detail.

Hiya

Well you're much better at it and more advanced than me! I noticed Teleskop Express do cheaper versions than the Geoptik one though not sure if they include bracket etc. Did you mount on a dovetail? I guess you piggy-backed on your scope to get the guiding? I'm thinking more about doing widefield - it might even be more likely for me to do outside though that would still be difficult. I could, however, maybe do some via a bedroom window where there's less lp. That window isn't really wide enough to use a scope which is a shame.

Keep up the good work! :)

Louise

Hiya

Well you're much better at it and more advanced than me! I noticed Teleskop Express do cheaper versions than the Geoptik one though not sure if they include bracket etc. Did you mount on a dovetail? I guess you piggy-backed on your scope to get the guiding? I'm thinking more about doing widefield - it might even be more likely for me to do outside though that would still be difficult. I could, however, maybe do some via a bedroom window where there's less lp. That window isn't really wide enough to use a scope which is a shame.

Keep up the good work! :)

Louise

Hi Louise,

Yes I mounted the whole thing on the top dovetail of my 80mm Apo, a very expensive guide scope, almost all my scopes have a top dovetail to help with rigidity in particular the Quattro 8s. Geoptics are made in Italy the TS version could be either a copy or a rebadged one but so long as it works who cares?

A.G

Archived