Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Milky Way from Marlborough

A beautiful night last night, so despite a late return from work and feeling pretty drained, I set up to do a spot of imaging. At a certain point I looked up from the laptop and thought there was a cloud coming to spoil the party. I chuckled when I realised that it was in fact The Milky Way!!! So, I got busy with the 1Dx and a 15mm lens. Here's a shot of 20sec @ 3200 ISO:

post-29321-0-78391200-1404216591_thumb.p

I've encouraged the view in CS3, but not too drastically. It's fascinating how it shows the window of clarity that I have through the horizons of light pollution. Will definitely be imaging at the zenith when possible!

Clear skies to you all!

Thanks for the comments folks.

The 1Dx is a spanking camera! I use them for the day job and they perform incredibly well. The usability of the higher ISO ratings is a total dream, I've used 12800 ISO in really low outdoor light and can still happily make an A4 print. Not sure I'll be modding one though!

Archived