TAL 125 Apolar and what might have been ...

As there is still clearly a good deal of interest in TAL scopes on the forum I thought I'd post this link to an Italian website 2013 article on the TAL 125 Apolar refractor. Most of the article is in English:

http://www.dark-star.it/astronomia-articoli-e-test/test-strumentali/tal-125-apolar/

I believe the review text was originally sourced and translated by one of our members (Andy H) so it may have appeared on here before. Acknowledgements to Andy and I thought it merited a repeat  :smiley:

Here is a link to the review I posted here of this scope in 2011:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/104408-tal-125r-apolar-apochromatic-refractor/

The last one I saw for sale was being offered discounted at £999 by Scopes N Skies around a year ago.

The Italian article also includes some pics of the prototype Apolar 150mm which, as far as I know, has not made it to production, as yet. Nice looking scope though   :smiley:

post-118-0-93368200-1404036211_thumb.jpg

A great looking scope but the optical configuration scares me some what! Very complicated design and for the money you could probably get a second hand Ed glass with the same or similar aperture.

I'm very happy with the 100RS a little rusty finish but for the money is a bargain :)

Ben

As much as like TAL scopes, and I do like them very much, this scope scares the £&@? out of me. There is just so much to go wrong, and what pray does one do should the optics become misaligned, sent it to Russia, I think not. The 125R has it's own issues I believe. You certainly don't here too many folks raving about them. I am beginning to think TAL scopes begin and end with the100R/RS

As much as like TAL scopes, and I do like them very much, this scope scares the £&@? out of me. There is just so much to go wrong, and what pray does one do should the optics become misaligned, sent it to Russia, I think not. The 125R has it's own issues I believe. You certainly don't here too many folks raving about them. I am beginning to think TAL scopes begin and end with the100R/RS

What about the Tal 200K     

Steve

Archived