Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Sun - 29th Jun 2014

David Smith

Oh, and my first attempt at a white light close-up with the QHY5-II plugged into the Evostar 120. Not a small feat I can tell you. Trying to image at ~1000mm focal length with no drive on the mount - you need three pairs of hands! This was a 300 frame avi, stacked in AS2, sharpened in Registax and finalised in GIMP. It's rather noisy and I suspect that is just because my manual drive is not very steady :rolleyes:

The temptation to splash out on the CG-4 drives is growing :shocked:

14529181431_f46fc97e1e_o.jpg20140629WLARQHY by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

Wow!! amazing WL closeup and super halphas :) :) :)

It was what I feared for me, it was clear blue sky right up until 8.30am when I was just setting up. I had only got as far as getting it all into the garden and it clouded up solid. I left it out in hope but it has just started raining so everything is now back in the conservatory!

Alexandra

Wow!! amazing WL closeup and super halphas :) :) :)

It was what I feared for me, it was clear blue sky right up until 8.30am when I was just setting up. I had only got as far as getting it all into the garden and it clouded up solid. I left it out in hope but it has just started raining so everything is now back in the conservatory!

Alexandra

Thanks. Sorry to here the weather spoiled your opportunity. I set my alarm for 07:00 based on the forecast last night. Some cloud here now and it's building.

Archived