Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky Safari Pro - FOV

I purchased Sky Safari Pro as it was recently half price to run on my iPad. Previously I'd used Starwalk which was pretty good for less than a quid. Now Starwalk had a very useful FOV overlay on the night sky of 2 deg and 4 deg concentric rings. I assumed Sky Safari Pro would have at least the same. Can I find it anywhere? Nope. Anybody else found it and if so can you direct me to it? Thanks.

Hi

Under settings/telescope/display you can turn on telrad circles or more usefully you can input all your scopes, eyepieces and camera's and have that field of view displayed, very useful for planning what to image :)

Mel

Hi

Under settings/telescope/display you can turn on telrad circles or more usefully you can input all your scopes, eyepieces and camera's and have that field of view displayed, very useful for planning what to image :)

Mel

Thanks Mel it worked. For ref I also had to switch on 'show FOV even if telescope not connected'.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know that you can also tap the top right corner and get a drop down menu that allows you to turn 3 user defined rings on or off.  This without having to switch on 'show FOV even if telescope not connected'

Eric

Do you know that you can also tap the top right corner and get a drop down menu that allows you to turn 3 user defined rings on or off. This without having to switch on 'show FOV even if telescope not connected'

Eric

Thanks for that beatlejuice. I use SkySafari a lot and hadn't found that feature!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived