Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Scorpius multiples.

Very lucky to catch these, given the light sky over the southern horizon. Very pleasantly surprised to find,

Xi Scorpii (STF 1998) and STF 1999 presenting a contrasting double double. at x60 both pairs provided a lovely colourful sight. Find these at 16h 04.4m -11 22'

Nu Scorpii another double double with separations of 1.3",40.8" and 2.4". beautiful group at x260. contrasting magnitudes present a lovely sight. Find these at 16h 12.0m -19 28'.

Then up to the white and blue Graffias, before loads of cloud rolled in.

Really worth finding these if you have a bit of southern horizon, under

clear skies ! Nick.

If it stays clear here (nr Bordeaux) tonight, I'll have a look for these. Being a fair bit more south than I'm used to, I'm wondering what else to look out for that I normally wouldn't see in York.

I managed to catch STF 1998 and 1999 this evening as they passed a patch of open sky. Very pretty, 1998 orange and blue, 1999 both more like slatey-blue I would say, rather than Sissy's tangerine, but there again, the sky was very bright!

I don't know what the current separation/PA of Xi Scorpii is (0.7 arcsec sep??), but it looked fairly elongated.

Scope 5" Mak at x125, x190 and x250.

Chris

What, you mean the separation of Xi Scorpii A-B? 'Cos it sounds like you managed A-C.

Yes, Wikipedia says that that's 0.76 arc sec. Hmm. Theoretically, the 10-inch should be able to manage that…  …but it's probably too low...

What, you mean the separation of Xi Scorpii A-B? 'Cos it sounds like you managed A-C.

Yes, Wikipedia says that that's 0.76 arc sec. Hmm. Theoretically, the 10-inch should be able to manage that…  …but it's probably too low...

Yes Xi Sco A-B, I got a bar or dumbell, definitely quite elongated.

Chris

Archived