Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LBN 292 h-alpha field in Cygnus

pietervdv

Hi everyone,

After months of clouds it seems, I finally had 2 nights in a row this week to finish this H-alpha project.

LBN292 is a bit of the beaten track of imaging targets in Cygnus, although I don't see any reason for that.

The image was exposed for 7 hours with 1200s subexposures over 3 different nights.

It was the first image using a new homemade off axis guider, the TS OAG 9 proved to be too flimsy for my imaging train.

Telescope: Custom 10" Newton f/3.8

Mount: Mesu 200

CCD: sbig st800 with homebuilt off axis guider

Filter: Baader 7 nm.

lbn292thumb.jpg

Med size here:

http://www.astronomie.be/pieter.vandevelde/deepsky/lbn292med.jpg

Comments welcome and thank you for checking out my image.

Pieter

Nice capture, Pieter.

I noticed you had a 7 nm Ha filter for sale. Are you going on the 3 nm tour?

hehe, news travels fast in astro land... .  I got a 150 euro discount on a 2" Astrodon 5nm filter last week (the plastic case had a small crack in it) so that I could not resist! It is still a very expensive filter but I also sold my HA 7nm and RGB filters to break even. I don't plan on doing much RGB from now on, since I always seem to prefer my mono versions anyway. :grin:

Pieter

hehe, news travels fast in astro land... .  I got a 150 euro discount on a 2" Astrodon 5nm filter last week (the plastic case had a small crack in it) so that I could not resist! It is still a very expensive filter but I also sold my HA 7nm and RGB filters to break even. I don't plan on doing much RGB from now on, since I always seem to prefer my mono versions anyway. :grin:

Pieter

Heheh, trouble is, a 150 euro discount on an Astrodon is a bit like a 150 euro discount on a Ferrari. More seriously, the tight Astrodon filter is a real killer when it comes to contrast, light pollution and the moon. You'll love it.

Olly

Archived