Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

June 13, 2014, 15:17 CEST: Heads up, HUGE prom activity on western limb

Its looking mighty fine Michael :shocked: Its one hot day today in every sense of the word.

Its amazing just how dynamic the sun can be, from relative quiet to a cosmic firework display.

Alas...foiled by another monstrously big cloud :sad:

Just had a lovely view of it in a decent gap between the clouds. Really big! The lift off prom is one of the best I've seen for a while, and the other two are huge :-). I wonder whether they are going to link up?

They look to be coming from behind the two big AR's, not from them?

Thanks for the heads up!

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the feeling the proms will be active for a good while yet, David, Hope you get a great view in. I fear weather tomorrow will be pants our way!

Hope it hangs around for a couple of hours till I get home and can do as BigMak suggests

Shame David, was a good one. I'm guessing it won't be as good tomorrow even if clear because it will have rotated off the disk a bit. Worth a look though

Nothing like Michael's shot, but remarkably I managed to capture this on the good old iPhone. PST and 11mm TV Plossl. No idea what causes the rings?

razepany.jpg

qagejeda.jpg

Stu

Archived