Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 5070 in Ha, WIP, Atik 314L+, The Moon and the Clouds

lensman57

Hi,

After over two weeks of clouds and rain tonight I had an imaging window of about 2.5 hours before the clouds returned. This is the first time that I have imaged the Pelican Nebula. I used my old SW80 ED ( blue tube version ) which I have now upgraded with a Moonlight focuser that I purchased from one of the SGL members. I also used the Altair Astro 0.6X FF/FR that gave me 360mm of FL @ F4.5 using a Baader 7nm Ha filter. I took 14 X 600s subs but only 11 were used in the stack with full calibration frames in DSS. HEQ5 Pro and PHD guiding with dithering, Processed in PI and PS. I have to clean the image up at a later stage as there are some artefacts like cosmic ray hits all over the place and I could probably do better with the NR but for now and first attempt  I am happy with this. Hope that you like it too.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-91239200-1402541795_thumb.p

That looks great. This was obviously captured with a virtually full moon and shows that Ha is definitely possible in those light conditions. How much better and how would it be better if captured with no moonlight?

Many thanks to you all for your kind words, if opportunity presents itself I would probably try and add some more Oiii or perhaps even Sii to this primarily Ha target .

Wish you all clear skies,

A.G

Archived