Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ngc6888 Crescent Neb, TV NP127is Ha

ChrisLX200

This is the Ha stack from tonight's run, still have to process the OIII and SII (doesn't look to be much SII though).

Only had time for 4x15min subs, running out of darkness... Calibrated with darks, flats and bias.

NP127is (native f/5.2)

Atik 490EX @ 1x1

Losmandy G11 + Gemini L4

Processed in StarTools

Ha-ST_zpsf729c623.jpg

100% crop of the interesting bit... :)

ngc6888Ha-STcrop_zps8da490f5.jpg

ChrisH

I love the nebulosity. Finely detailed and not over exposed on the bright edge, as easily happens. For me your stars are a bit hard and dark-ringed, maybe from sharpening or deconvolution? I generally exclude them from these processes.

But a very nice result from a super scope. (Not many of these in captivity!)

Olly

I love the nebulosity. Finely detailed and not over exposed on the bright edge, as easily happens. For me your stars are a bit hard and dark-ringed, maybe from sharpening or deconvolution? I generally exclude them from these processes.

But a very nice result from a super scope. (Not many of these in captivity!)

Olly

Thanks Olly, I think what happened with the stars is I failed to 'grow' the mask so it was a bit undersize for excluding the stars. I should resist doing image processing at 3:30am! Yes, there was some deconvolution performed on (what should have been) just the nebulous regions but the skinny mask has left a hard edge and caused some ringing. Ah well, there is lots of opportunity to re-process :) 

ChrisH

Archived