Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Prime focus moon

BG

Brilliant photo.

Just the way i remember it when i had my scope out.

Except for the cloud.

Went in for a nap and came out and it was setting in the west behind a tree,

Up here in bonnie Scotland had clear nights 4 in a row but tonight had cloud patches ok in the East but in the South the moon had a fine mist flowing over it, nice though.

If that is your second atempt then i would be well chuffed with that, i have a Celestron C8N/CG5 and thought i would not get much with it as it is 1000mm f5.

Keep up the good work.

Davey

A nice moon short. However, it isn't what I see. Last night I saw more than is shown in the shot above. When I look at the moon it is much brighter than the images here show. Taking this particular image into Photoshop and lightening it up a bit shows at least another third of the moon, including craters at the terminator.

At the end of the day I suppose its what the individual wants to do. Right way up, if your in the Northern Hemisphere, or dark or light it doesn't seem to matter, or does it? :?

Just my observations.

John

Very nice image with what looks like cracking focus. I was out looking at the moon last night and for a period there was a very distinct moon halo around it. It looked just like this: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/atmos/moonhalo.html

Did anyone else see it, although it probably is a local phenomenon (due to ice crystals in the atmosphere, apparently)?

Cheers, Martin

Archived