Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

26th & 27th white light

JB80

Thought I'd post a couple from yesterday and today, I seem to really be struggling at the moment to get the good really crisp and snappy images I was a month or so ago. Nothing has really changed so I guess it must be atmospheric as it's getting warmer. If it persists or even gets worse I'm not sure what I will do but I'll plug away at it for now.

14259180546_b5757b0a0d_b.jpg

14282295115_abd99119a5_b.jpg

Nice to see the two days together, Jarrod, things really do shift!

Are you able to do visual with the correct safety filters for visual, or is it a photographic only setup? I just wonder if how it looks visually might help with clues?

Thanks Michael, Johan and Luke. :)

I have a small maybe 2" visual filter for off axis dust cap on my OTA end cap, tbh I haven't used since February.

All I have visually to go on is what I see on screen and always looks relatively consistent on screen but lately the end image is just not what I'm seeing on screen and no two days are the same either. Tomorrow could be a lovely crisp image.

My theory is it's the reflectors long black tube heating up and the 6" filter is probably not too forgiving. I could be wrong though.

Archived