Stars rapidly moving - Live view (BYE)

Hi guys tonight was my first clear night out using HEQ6/EQMod did a rough polar alignment (my polar reticule needs slightly adjusting) I followed my polar alignment steps from EQMOD tutorials on youtube. I was using 'Backyard EOS' for a live View and during the live view when slewing to targets (Im not even sure if it slewed to the right one just putting that out there lol - tonight was a disaster) anyways my live view showed stars rapidly move I had it at HD/5x (on/off) still same results. What would cause this? 

Sorry guys, When I slew to an object of course the night sky will appear to move... but once slewed to a star and the mount is tracking everything in my live view is literally "Buzzing" Stars were moving all across my live view. I tried turning off tracking. (it was at sidereal mode) I also tried without zoom. - This was my first attempt at setting everything up - I have clearly went wrong somewhere I just can't understand where.. 

The scope was steady as a rock last night - No wind at all. Could this be anything to do with how I set the camera up? My scope came with a direct SLR camera connection I also purchased a Cannon T-Ring (From Flo) which I threaded into the Direct slr camera connection that came with my scope. 

Thanks for reading the thread guys. 

Sounds like it's not tracking, try looking through a long focal length eyepiece that will eliminate cameras etc.

Even with PA way off the stars should only drift slowly. 

Dave

Hmm I'm sure it clutches were locked. Il double check next time I am out. I wish I took a screen capture to show you guys what i was seeing on my live view screen.. anyways il describe it as best as I can now I have a large FL - 1200 so understandable I have a lot of mag on my live view there were hundreds of points of light and yeah they moved like bumble bees - I tried focusing using the tool available on BYE (FHM no.) I tried getting the number to its lowest point but the number was erratically moving up/down. 

Could I of set up the camera wrong? 

Stop the scope drive, and determine in which direction the stars drift, and at what rate the move.

Is it possible for eq6 to track west to east? More like a slow slew west to east, or even east to west.

It's an odd one this, that will have an odd reason :smiley:.

Ron.

Stop the scope drive, and determine in which direction the stars drift, and at what rate the move.

Is it possible for eq6 to track west to east? More like a slow slew west to east, or even east to west.

It's an odd one this, that will have an odd reason :smiley:.

Ron.

would this happen if you put your location south? Just a thought

Il hopefully get out tonight my thinking right now is its a lot of noise that I'm seeing - not sure how this could be as I'm sure I lowered the noise but it cant be anything else - like I said before I turned tracking off still same results. I just recently collimated the scope as well so wanted to see how the results were, also so need to slightly adjust my polar scope hopefully do that tonight to. 

When you say stars were buzzing do you mean they stayed in one place and jumped about or they buzzed, drifted right out of view.

Do you remember where you were aimed, anything low down at high magnification will buzz around.

If it happens again can you do a short video and post it somewhere (not here obviously)

Dave

Archived