Milky Way Veiled In Airglow

Below is an example of airglow and the Milky Way early Saturday morning as revealed by long exposure photography.
I noted it visually.  It appeared as large pale white patches of light against a darker sky
Two minutes exposure @ F/2.8 using the Samyang 16mm f/2 on my Pentax K-5 IIs at ISO 1250.  Camera was driven equatorially.

14239079396_0ff4c94cd1_o.jpgThe Milky Way Veiled in Airglow by Nightfly Photographic, on Flickr

Access to dark skies, in my front yard no less, is a tremendous advantage to good photography and imaging on any clear night a simple joy I have grown accustomed to.  

The move to digital for my work is a natural evolution and I am enjoying the results.  That being said, I am planning a project with a new lens (top secret) and medium format film.  I simply have way too much equipment and experience to abandon it.    

One foot in each domain.

Jim 

Archived