NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Does your wife appreciate your star gazing?

Tim

Reading all these posts has just reinforced that feeling I had that I'm pretty blo*dy lucky in regards to having such a supportive wife. I think I need to buy her a pressie for this, do you think she'd like a scope? :D

James

Mrs Tiny says yes, as then she can do her own thing without worrying about breaking your toys. Get her a basic one - as I started with small basic reflector, moved on to a go-to basic Celestron and so knew the Celestron system so I could then get a big Nexstar and know how to work it.

And, of course starting cheap, if your wife hates it then you haven't spent much and she can sell the scope and spend the money on what she wants.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, anybody going to Kelling in September will be able to meet my wife. (Assuming we are still married then, my missus appreciates that I am a free being who may feel different in the morning, and that that fact is essential to my happiness and therefore basic to my human rights. The fact that I have not felt different in the morning for 17 years so far is irrelevant).

Please tell her how lucky she is to have a man like me. This is especially helpful if you can get your star loving wives to say it too. Throw in some supportive comments like, "Alpha male, stong character, solid provider, rippling abs" etc etc for good measure. I will handsomely reward any previously unanticipated comment induced spontaneous acts of passion. I might even let you look up my telescope, assuming I can get the thing to work.

To my wife, whom I KNOW is gonna read this;

a) You are feeling sleepy. Ignore the above bit. When I click my fingers you will not remember any of this thread.

:D Shouldn't you be washing up or something? And hurry up, I'm hungry.

Love you babe :wave:

TJ

You'll be able to find me easily.

I'll be in the bar being treated to free drinks by 100 adoring leggy busty redheads hanging on my every word. I hope you guys remembered to invite them.

Outside, banging on the window will be a fraught looking mother of three, with three screaming brats, shouting "Leave him alone you hussies!!" and "Your tea's ready" and "My mother was right about you!".

Seriously, I will likely be the one gazing in awe at heavens miracles, which will likely be moonlight reflecting off a dewdrop as my OTA is pointing at the ground and I haven't noticed. I tend to keep myself to myself as I have a debilitating speech problem. Every time I open my mouth and make an innocent comment, for instance, "Nice A$$ Love", I get a smack in the chops from her indoors. The bruises are getting harder to hide. The beard helps but I'm starting to look like John Lennon. After the shooting.

Cheers

TJ

I'm the wife, so no problem here :lol:

The only hobby my husband has (and shares with me) is for old 'Series' Land Rovers. He re-built his first one at the age of fourteen. By the time he got a driving licence, he was on his third :lol: Saying that, he doesn't mind the recent ones to. He had a thing for American vans :D, but thankfully he got over it quickly and swapped his old Chevvy for a discovery. :hello1:

Peace and Clear Skies.

Becky.

She does to an extent. I hide most purchasers from her, even though most of the ones she knows about she can accept. Half a year of working in a supermarket, in which I earned about 5k for myself, seems to justify spending 2k on stuff. However, once I made the mistake of showing her mars in less than ideal conditions, and she said: you have all this stuff for a fuzzy disk which you can't see anything on?

She also was very encouraging with regard to my astro station project.

I'm sure she'll see its value when the images start coming out. As long as it makes me happy, she is :D

Andrew

Just fitted a motor focus to the wife's scope as when I using the manual focusing causes it to shake. When I had done she got to choose where to put the velco to hold the hand controller when not in use. Another team effort.

She knows that I enjoy it immensely and that I was interested in astronomy before I met her so I do have a bit of leverage. I now put it down to a juggling act - that is, it's a fine art when to observe when its clear and it doesn't interfere with anything domestic. As she as been to several eclipses with me and we are hoping to go to China next year, I can't complain to much. But like a lot of others say, she wants to know why I need a new whatever so I know when to back off. :D

John

Archived