Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My First M57, SW 100ED @ F9, 4X600s

lensman57

Hi,

I did this on early Monday Morning. It is my first attempt at this little nebula. I took  7X600s Subs but one was discarded due to the HEQ5 misbehaving again and the other two due to the sky background level getting light, right now past 3.20am is not useable  up here. Calibration frames were applied but due to the low number of subs the image is a little grainy but not too objectionable I  think. The Nebula itself does show some structure in the core even though the 900mm FL of SW 100 is hardly long enogh to go deep with this target. 4X600s with High Dithering, SW 100 ED @ F9 ( no FF/FR ), Atik 428EXC, IDAS D1, HEQ5 and PHD guiding. Stacked in DSS with 2X Drizzle and processed in Pixinsight. Seeing was terrible on the night. Hope you like it

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-34541700-1400614170_thumb.p

That's nice. You can make out the central star really easily. From only four subs I would be very happy with that!

Many Thanks Bryan, I have attached a 100% crop of the nebula without any noise reduction applied. There is quite a bit going on in the center I believe.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-35488000-1400616078_thumb.p

Nice capture AG, I cant wait for this to pop out from behind next doors trees at a reasonable hour !

Never forget the first rule of astronomy: if you want to look at/image it, it's behind a tree :p

You could probably do a little more on the processing have a look at this (also with M57): 

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/157001-using-dynamic-psf-to-add-some-clarity/

Thanks Nick,

I have seen that tutorial but somehow as yet I have not come to terms with Decnolution in PI, Maybe I'd try again. I can certainly try and reduce the background noise a bit as long as it doen't become blotchy.

Regards,

A.G

Archived